The picturesque road with a magnificent view of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps and the Logarska Valley showcases stunning natural features, cultural specialties and the hospitality of tourist farms. The authors of the Slovenia Book wrote that a person there feels as if they are on top of the world.
Walking along the 37 km long Solčava panoramic road is a paradise for cyclists and photographers
The Solčava Panoramic Road lies in the borders of the Karavanke and the Kamnik-Savinja Alps. One of the most beautiful sightseeing roads with rich cultural, ethnological and natural heritage can be visited on foot, by bike, motorcycle or car. The friendly locals on the high-altitude tourist farms offer travelers a place to rest with tasty home-made foods. To the picturesque setting add, shaded meadows, Solčava’s sheep, with Solčava mountain larch completing the exceptional nature of the Solčava landscape.
On the trial with the shepherd Krištof
Visitors are accompanied by a mighty dragon Lintver and the brave shepherd Krištof. Anyone who helps him herd lost sheep back to the stable is promised a fair reward.
Tourist spots on the Solčava Panoramic Road:
Within the Solčava Panorama Road there are 20 interesting tourist spots:
- Solčava, an ancient village,
- taste home-made delicacies on tourist farms: Gradišnik, Ramšak, Macesnik, Rogar, Žibovt, Perk, Bukovec,
- Church of the Holy Spirit and tourist farm Strevc,
- Mineral water spring, i.e. “Iron sorrels”, water of healing powers,
- viewpoint and tourist farm on Klemenče – the most beautiful panoramic view,
- Lookout Point Pastirkovo,
- Lamotje gorge,
- viewpoint Matkov kot and tourist farm Matk,
- mountain Grohot and mountain hut on Grohot,
- Logarska Valley, the most beautiful Alpine valley in Slovenia.
Information Solčava panoramic road:
t: +386 (0)3 839 0710
e: email@example.com ,