DECEMBER 2022 – a varied fair, cultural and fun atmosphere with performances by musical groups throughout Savinjska.
Christmas fairy tale of Slovenia in Mozirski gaj
26 November 2022 –8. 1. 2023, MOZIRJE (every day between 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.)
In December, Mozirski gaj is illuminated by a million multicolored lights, creating an unforgettable experience. The most beautiful flower beds and ethnological objects are shaped into attractive figures while the fairy-tale events are enriched by Santa Claus visits and other fairy creatures.
Santa Claus visits: 3, 4, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 of December 2022 (between 17:00 and 19:00).
ORGANIZER: MOZIRSKI GAJ, +386 41 691 939
New Year’s Ski Jumping Tour For Women
31.12.2022 –1. 1. 2023, LJUBNO OB SAVINJI, JUMPING CENTER SAVINA
The New Year’s ski jumping tour for women will take place in Ljubno ob Savinja. This year, the New Year’s tour is shared between Ljubno and Beljak, where the matches will take place on 28 and 29 December 2022.
Follow the program on the Facebook page of TIC Ljubno ob Savinji.
Living Nativity Scene at Rečica ob Savinji
25.12.2022, REČICA OB SAVINJI, at the Atelšek guest house
Visit the living nativity scene. In the light of stars the most frequently performed story of the holy Christmas comes to life. The “actors” are accompanied by a choir, and quite a number of locals participate in setting up the live nativity scene.
- 17:00 first performance, 18:30 second performance
ORGANIZER: TD REČICA OB SAVINJI, +386 41 783 494
Advent evenings and hikes in Solčava
The mountainous region is especially magical in winter. Many Advent and other events take place in Solčava during winter:
- 17.12.2022, 17:00 Traditional torch-lit walk that starts at Dom planincev and ends at the Rinka waterfall.
Gathering at 5:00 p.m. at Dom planincev in Logarska valley, registration required on 040 660 803 (Marko) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION: CENTER RINKA, +386 3 839 07 10
- MIKLAVŽEVANJE is an old alpine tradition where people dress as Parkelj, a mythological being meant to scare kids into good behaviour. There is also a DOMESTIC PRODUCTS FAIR. 3.12.2022, Solčava (event space). The fair starts at 16:00. Cultural program and arrival of St. Miklavž 17:00. Arrival of the Solčava Tajfls 19:30.
- ADVENT FAIR, Gornji Grad (Stekl gallery), 3 December 2022 (9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.)
- MIKLAVŽ’S FAIR AT REČICA, Rečica ob Savinji, 5 December 2022 at 4:00 p.m. Oorganizer: Primary School Rečica ob Savinja. Arrival of Miklavž is at 5:00 p.m. Organizer TD Rečica ob Savinja. 10 vouchers are available at the Medgen borza.
- LOCAL CHRISTMAS FAIR, 16.12. 2022, Rečica ob Savinja, under the linden tree (16:00-19:00)
- CHRISTMAS BAZAAR, 17.12.2022 from 3pm onwards, Mozirje (between the pharmacy and the library)
- CHRISTMAS MARKET WITH A SHORT CULTURAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM, 18.12. 2022 from 4 p.m., platform in front of TIC Mozirje.
Open Door Cellars in Šmartno ob Paki
From 19.11 to 20.11.2022 at 9:00 p.m., Šmartno ob Paki
Have fun in Šmartno ob Paki, where local winegrowers open the doors to their wine cellars. Try excellent wines in the highest Slovenian vineyards.
ORGANIZER: Šmartno ob Paki winegrowers’ association, Mojca Praprotnik
+386 (0)41 233 269
Gutenbuchel Festive Mansion
Magical December in Velenje
During Magical December, more than 150 events are organized at various locations in Velenje, organized by various cultural public institutions, associations and caterers.
- 25.11.2022, Coal Mining Museum, Velenje Underground, top cuisine 160 m underground
- 1.12.2022, Velenje, Lighting of the lights on the New Year’s tree with a concert (Ines Erbus and David Amaro) 3.12.2022
- 3.12.2022, Velenje, Velenje Trail
- 5.12.2022, Velenje (Staro Velenje), Visit of Santa Claus in Stari Velenje
- 8.12.2022, Velenje (Titov trg), Arrival of Santa Claus
- 17.12.2022, Velenje, Festive fair of small gifts and goodies
- 19.12 – 30.12.2022 (except 23-26.12), Velenje, Magic Promenade
- 23.12.2022, Red Hall, Concert Šank Rock with guests
- 25.12.2022, Red Hall, Concert Luka Basi with guests
- 31.12 2022, Titov trg, Children’s New Year’s Eve (6 p.m.) and New Year’s Eve party with Rok ‘n’ band (10 p.m.)
ORGANIZER: VARIOUS SOCIETIES AND VELENJE FESTIVAL, + 386 3 898 25 70
Other festive and December events
- 26.11.2022, Solčava, 10:00 a.m. • Preparations for Merry December (intergenerational get-together and workshop for making Christmas decorations)
- 26.11.2022, Gornji G rad, 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. in the Štekl gallery, • Advent wreaths and holiday arrangements workshop with Mateja Iršič
- 26.11.2022, Gornji Grad, 5:00 p.m. in the Štekl gallery, • Performance of the Voice Movers choir with evergreen songs 26.11.2022
- , Gornji Grad , 19:00 in the cathedral, • Theater play St. Notburga
- 27.11.2022, Gornji Grad, 14:00-18:00 in the Štekl gallery, • Visit by park members of the Krampusgruppe Teufelskreis Virunum, from the sister municipality of Maria Saal in the Austrian Carinthia 28.11.2022
- 28. 11. 2022, Braslovče, at 17:00, Dom kulture Braslovče, • Snow Queen, puppet show (Ticket: €7 (TIC Braslovče) – for children from 3 years old, family discount 2+1 FREE, Organizer: ZIKŠT 3 jezera, 070 788 253)
- 2. 2. 2022, Solčava, 16.00–18.00, Atelje Franc and Liza Filc, • Advent felting workshop (making scented balls and brooches. Mandatory registration at least one day in advance, material included, price: 20 EUR.person.workshop)
- 3. 12. 2022, Gornji Grad, 15.00 , in the Štekl gallery, • Creative workshop Catch a smile, making wooden tablets with beautiful thoughts. The workshop is led by Mateja Jug.
- 4.12.2022, Braslovče, at 8 p.m., Dom kulture Braslovče • Boeing Boeing, comedy (Ticket: €22 (TIC Braslovče) and €23 (Eventim.si and Eventim’s sales points))
- 5.12.2022, Solčava at 6 p.m. :00 in the Center Rinka • Miklavžev Hospickafe (with us will be Father Dr. Karel Gržan, commander of the PGD Solčava, Matjaž Ramšak and the president of the Slovenian Hospice Society, Renata Jakob Roban. Viewing the photo exhibition on the volunteering of the Slovenian society HOSPIC) 12.5.2022
- 5. 12. 2022, Gornji Grad, 17:00 • Saint Nicholas in the cathedral, 17:00 arrival of St. Saint Nicholas and giving gifts to children, 18:00 Holy Mass, 19:00 socializing and feasting in the parish cellar
- 7. 12. 2022, Mozirje, Kulturni dom Mozirje, 19:00 • Saint Nicholas’ concert “Connect to Mozirska koča”, tickets to TIC Mozirje (12 euros)
- 9. 12. 2022, Rečica ob Savinja, GAL gallery, 18:00 • Opening of the “Icons” exhibition (the exhibition will be on display until 31. 1. 2023)
- 10. 12. 2022, Gornji Grad, 10:00, in the Štekl gallery • Creative workshop Catch a smile. Making wooden decorations for the Christmas tree. The workshop is led by Mateja Jug.
- 10.12.2022, Gornji Grad, 19:00, in the cathedral • Advent concert of the vocal ensemble Elinor
- 10.12.2022, Solčava, 10:00 – 12:00, Atelje Franc and Liza Filc • Advent felting workshop (Making massage soaps. Mandatory registration at least one day before, material included, price: 20 EUR.person.workshop)
- 14.12.2022, Ljubno ob Savinja, at 6 p.m., Cultural center and congress center KLS TIC Ljubno • Brati gore Festival (Literary evening with Jakob J. Kenda, Organizer: TIC Ljubno ob Savinji, Library Ljubno, Mountain Society Ljubno. Free entry.)
- 17.12.2022, Gornji Grad, 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., in the Štekl gallery • Baking holiday cookies for all generations, the workshop is led by Ivica Pustoslemšek.
- 17.12.2022, Solčava, 10:00-12:00, Atelje Franc and Liza Filc • Advent felting workshop (Making pendants – angels. Mandatory registration at least one day in advance, materials included, price: 20 EUR.person.workshop)
- 17.12 2022, Braslovče, at 5 p.m., Skup’n plac Braslovče • Christmas village with festive nativity, traditional merry festive nativity, with a short cultural program and a visit from Santa Claus. You will be able to walk through the Christmas village, which will be beautifully decorated with festive characters and creatures. It will be possible to buy local products at the rural market. Entry is free. Organizer: ZIKŠT 3 jezera, 070 788 253
- December 20, 2022, Solčava, at 5:00 p.m., POŠ Solčava Library • Storytime and creative workshop for children.
- 22.12.2022, Braslovče, at 8 p.m., Dom kulture Braslovče • It’s never too late, mono comedy with Mojca Fatur (Tickets: €18 (TIC Braslovče) and €19 (Eventim.si and Eventim sales points), Organizer: ZIKŠT 3 jezera, 070 788 253)
- 23.12.2022, Rečica ob Savinja, church of St. Kancijana, 7:30 p.m. • New Year’s concert by the Žetev Octet, organized by the Žetev Octet and the Rečica ob Savinja Tourist Association,
- 23.12.2022, Solčava, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Atelje Franc and Liza Filc • Advent felting workshop (Bunkic making. Mandatory registration at least one day before , material included, price: 20 EUR.person.workshop)
- 28.12.2022, Rečica ob Savinja, Medgen stock exchange at 5 p.m. • Jelenček is looking for a way home, play for children, organized by DPM Rečica ob Savinja
- 30.12.2022, Solčava at 6 p.m. at the event space in Solčava • Christmas and New Year’s outdoor concert with the music group EROS, children from Solčava POŠ and screenwriter Francije Podbrežnik-Solčavski
- December 30, 2022, Solčava, at 9:00 p.m., Hotel Plesnik • Concert in the bar of Hotel Plesnik.
- 30.12.2022, Braslovče, at 8 p.m. • New Year’s Eve dance, Braslovče House of Culture (The evening at the Braslovče House of Culture will be brightened up by a superb multi-course dinner, great music, a pleasant atmosphere and a festive, festive, but relaxed and smiling party. Fun and spinning we will be Duo Vedrina., Tickets: €40 per person (dinner included, Organizer: ZIKŠT 3 jezera, 070 788 253).
Information may be subject to change. Before visiting be sure to check the current information regarding the events. The development agency SAŠA lists the information about the events that are provided by event organizers. The SAŠA Development Agency is not responsible for any changes in the programs.