a historic place located under the Menino mountain with a magnificent cathedral, famous for its clean air.
In the upper part of Zadrečka valley, under the Menino mountain, there is a historically important tourist centre with exceptional bioclimatic characteristics and above average clean air.
At its centre there is an Gornjegrajska Cathedral, the largest cathedral in Slovenia. Gornji Grad is home to beekeeping family, which every year prepares a well-visited Beekeeping holiday with diverse offering of honey products.
Sights and tourist spots in Gornji Grad and its surroundings:
- Church of St. Mohorje and Fortunat, largest cathedral in Slovenia;
- The ethnological museum Štekl with a collection of ethnological and technological items;
- Pilgrimage trail to Marija Zvezda in Nova Štifta.
- Gornjegrajske gavge, the former “blood court” of the diocese of Ljubljana featuring hanging polls that never served their purpose.
Experiences in Gornji Grad and its surroundings:
- horse riding;
- hiking and cycling using marked routes along Gornji Grad;
- Grass skiing (grass skiing);
- fishing on Dreta;
- winter experiences: skiing.
Tourist information – Gornji Grad:
Attemsov trg 2
SI- 3342 Gornji Grad
t: +386 3 839 18 50