Mountain group with peaks over 2000 m has many protected nature areas, ideal for mountaineering and trips to the hills. The Kamnik-Savinja Alps are an extensive mountain group, joining picturesque glacial restructured valleys Logarska dolina, Robanov and Matkov kot. Wild mountain ambience is a great destination for lovers of hiking and mountaineering.
The highest peaks exceed 2,500m that can be reached using marked mountain paths. A typical cultural landscape gives the Alpine a unique image, and many protected areas of nature give a sense of carefree enjoyment in unspoiled nature. Among the highest peaks of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps are Grintavec (2558m), Ojstrica (2350m), Brana (2253m) and Storzic (2132m).
Interesting hiking trails in the Kamnik-Savinja Alps
- mountain hike to Koča na Loki (1534 m) – Raduha (2062 m) with a visit to the Snow Cave, the highest lying tourist cave in Slovenia – parking under Koča na Loki (3-4 hours, altitude difference 570 m, to see the cave add additional 2 hours)
- mountain hike Podvežak (1500 m) – Korošica (1808 m) – Podvežak (5-6 hrs, altitude difference 450 m)
- mountain hike to Potočka zijalka archaeological site;
- hike along the Logarska Valley, Rinka Falls (1000 m) and the climb to Okrešelj (1396 m) – Koča under the Rinka Falls (930 m) (3 hours, height difference 500 m)
- Golte (1356 m) – Smrekovec (1375 m), the only Slovenian volcano – Mozirska koca na Golteh (3-4 hours, 300 m)
When hiking the mountains always use appropriate equipment with the company of the trained guide. Check the trail conditions and current weather forecast and do not overestimate your physical abilities.
Mountain huts and rest areas in the Savinja Alps
- Koča na Klemenči jami pod Ojstrico, 1208 m
- Dom planincev v Logarski dolini, 837 m
- Frischaufov dom na Okrešlju, 1396 m
- Dom na Menini planini, 1453 m
- Dom na Smrekovcu, 1377 m
- Dom planincev na Farbanci, 702 m
- Koča na Loki pod Raduho, 1534 m
- Kocbekov dom na Korošici
- Koča na Travniku, 1548 m
- Koča v Grohotu pod Raduho, 1460 m
- Mozirska koča na Golteh, 1356 m
The Kamnik-Savinja Alps from the air
Check out the flight above the magnificent Kamnik-Savinja Alps by Matevž Lenarčič, a world-renowned pilot, who flew around the world a few times.
More information about the Kamnik-Savinja Alps
t: +386 (0)3 839 0710
e: firstname.lastname@example.org , www.solcavsko.info