A mountain lodge on the eastern slope of Raduha, known for its exceptional hospitality and excellent blueberry štruklji.
KOČA NA LOKI POD RADUHO
oskrbnik Mirko Kramar s.p.
Strmec 34, 3334 Luče
Koča na Loki can be used as a starting point for a hike to Raduha (2062 m). A ledge above the house offers a beautiful view to the south of the Upper Savinja Valley and the mountains above it. A few meters above the house there is a wooden chapel of the Holy Cross where masses are occasionally held. During the warm summer months you can also visit the Snow Cave that is about half an hour away on the Arto mountain, the highest lying tourist cave in Slovenia.
- Rooms: 6 rooms with bunk beds with six to seven beds.
- Beds: 40 in total with community bathrooms and washrooms.
- Dining Rooms: There are two larger rooms with 100 seats. The best known specialty of Koča na Loki is definitely blueberry štruklji. You will also be offered excellent wild game goulash with buckwheat mash and other other hot dishes prepared according to home-made recipes. It also offers half-board options for guests staying for several days.
LOCATION & ACCESS
On the Štajerska motorway, take the Šentrupert exit. The road leads through the beautiful Savinjska valley to Mozirje, where at the second roundabout you turn in the direction towards Logarska dolina. You drive past Nazarije and Ljubno to the settlement of Struga, where you turn right in towards Koča na Loki. 6 km of the road is paved, the rest is macadam. The ride takes about 40 minutes. Careful driving is advised as the road is narrows in some areas and is also open to trucks transporting timber into the valley. You ascend to about 1500 m above sea level. You will have a 10 minute walk from the parking to the lodge.
TRANSITIONS TO OTHER MOUNTAIN LODGES OR PEAKS:
- Velika Raduha (2062 m), 1.30 h (easy mountain trail);
- Lanež (1925 m), 1.00 h (easy mountain trail);
- Veliki Travnik (1637 m), 2.30 h, po SPP (easy mountain trail);
- Komen (1684 m), 3.30 h, po SPP (easy mountain trail);
- Smrekovec (1577 m), 5.00 h, po SPP (easy mountain trail);
- Velika Raduha (2062 m), 5.00 h, through Durce, pass Koča na Grohatu through Spodnje Sleme (easy mountain trail).
May-October – during weekends and holidays
Season: Jun, July, August, September – all day
Hours: 8:00 – 22:00