Enrich your weekend with experiences in Savinja! Get to know the heritage, feel the power of nature and the local hospitality. Experience something new every day.
Everyday brings something new
Monday – take a guided tour around Solčava
Tuesday – learn about log driving history and visit local farms
Wednesday – awaken the senses in the herb garden, take an interpretive tour through the Logarska valley, take the sensory path or find inspiration in the Velenje Gallery
THURSDAY – time for a guided tour of the museum collection Mozirje and Mozirjani, the Village of Old Crafts in Luče or take the Wine Tourist Trail in Šmartno ob Paki. Test out your manual skills at a felting workshop!
FRIDAY – take a tour of Villa Mayer, a guided walk along the Logarska valley, Flosarska rajža or a boat tour on Lake Velenje
SATURDAY – time for a guided tour of the Village of Old Crafts in Luče, a visit to the wild Snow Cave, a tour of Bohačev toplar in Nazarje, a boat ride on Lake Velenje, a experience of local stories and a tea party in Gornji Grad
SUNDAY – boat trip on Velenje Lake, explore the wild Snow Cave, experience the stories of Šalek Castle, visit the Velenje Museum at Velenje Castle
What can you experience every day?
- Log driving collection, Ljubno, from 8.00 – 15.00 (Saturday and Sunday until 13.00), free viewing
- Mozirski gaj, flower park, Mozirje, from 09:00 to 19:00, entrance fee 7 € adults, preschool children 2 €, primary school children 4 €, pupils / students 6 €
- Museum of Forestry and Woodworking, Vrbovec Castle, Nazarje, from 09:00 to 17:00 (closed on Mondays), entrance fee adults: 3 €, preschool children: free, school youth 2 €
- Permanent exhibition and multimedia presentation: “Solčava – a walk in the lap of the Alps”, Rinka Center, Solčava, at 15:00, price € 3.5 (with an exhibition of Middle Triassic fossils, butterfly collection, farm garden, felt wool products, 5 €)
- Visit to the Velenje Museum at Velenje Castle, Velenje, from 10:00 to 18:00 (closed on Mondays), adults € 2.5, children € 1.8
- Leather Museum in Slovenia, Šoštanj from 9:00 to 17-00 (closed on Mondays), entrance fee 4 €