A fun and safe water descent along the green rapids of the playful Savinja river is a great addition to any family holiday. More wild sections of the river will not disappoint even the most experienced kayakers. If you are not afraid of heights and love the primeval nature, the canyoning is something that will surely impress you.
Rafting and Kayaking on the Savinja River
- organized, guided excursion with rafts between Struga and Ljubno is suitable for tourist (10 km);
- if you prefer to go solo, choose a water kayak school or kayak excursions on tranquil areas of the river;
- sports agencies provide guidance, appropriate equipment, organized transport, participants just need to swim-wear and a towel;
- organized trips are possible between April and October; occasionally they are harder to do with low water levels;
- experienced kayakers can ask about the difficulty levels on the individual sections of the river and chose the ones in accordance with their abilities.
We do recommend that you always use an experienced guide.
- Canyoning in the canyon of the Cuc waterfall. It is about 200 m high canyon offering several shorter vertical jumps, rope descends, and amazing nature of the Savinja Alps. Excursion lasts from 2 to 3 hours, takes place in groups of 2 to 8 people.
- Canyoning in the narrow Globošak canyon near Logarska dolina takes 4 to 6 hours.
A descent over the gorge is possible only with the help of a trained guide who will provide the appropriate equipment and instructions.