Velenje, the youngest Slovenian town, it is famous for the largest children’s festival in Slovenia Pika Festival, an unforgettable adventure in the underground world of the Coal Mining Museum of Slovenia, its heritage of socialism and the lively Velenje lake.
Velenje is a multicultural and hospitable city committed to building the bright future while remembering and reviving the stories of the past. It was built in the 1950s with the hard work of diligent workers and today it is the fifth largest Slovenian city. The place of flowering ideas is the venue of numerous events, youthful energy and free spirit.
Sights and experiences in Velenje
- Underground Adventure of the Coal Mining Museum of Slovenia,
- Velenje Castle and Pozoj’s castle path,
- experience socialist past and visit Tito’s monument,
- swimming, sailing and SUP on Velenje Lake.
Events in Velenje
- Family Fun and Pika Festival,
- Youth Cultural Festival Kunigunda,
- Medieval Day in the Velenje Castle,
- Summer cultural events,
- Promenade of Flavours,
- Splash on the Velenje beach,
- Jump over the skin.
Check also the schedule of exhibitions, concerts and performances organized by Velenje Festival.
Take a look at the video and see why you will not be bored in Velenje!
Tourist Association of Šaleška Valley
Vila Bianca – TIC Velenje
Stari trg 3
t: +386 (0)3 896 17 15
e: email@example.com, www.velenje-tourism.si