The mountain lodge at the popular excursion point Smrekovec, which is an important natural area of Slovenia.
Bele Vode 37, SI- 3325 Šoštanj
m: 00386 (0)41 785 698
The mountain lodge stands on the southern slope of Smrekovec, featuring unique and rich flora, fauna, and water. The Smrekovec area belongs to the protected areas of NATURA 2000. The view extends to the entire Šaleška dolina, part of Pohorje, and in good weather it reaches to Slemen above Zagreb. Smrekovec peak is a 25 min walk from the lodge.
- Rooms: 8
- Beds: 20 group beds in common area, 36 beds in private rooms
- Cafeteria: 60 seats (in two rooms)
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Via local road from Ljubno ob Savinji through Rastke and Atelsko sedlo – 17 km.
- Via regional road Šoštanj-Črna na Koroškem, to Spodnje Sleme, pass Andrej’s Mountain Lodge on Slemen – 2 h 30.
- From Šoštanj, through Bele vode – 5h.
- From Mozirje, over Šmihel nad Mozirjem – 5 h.
- From Mozirje, over Golte – 5 h .
- Via local road from Rečica ob Savinji to Suhe, 3 km, over Golte – 5 h 30.
- Via local road from Rečica ob Savinji to Nigujnice, 4 km, over Golte – 5 h 30.
- From Ljubno ob Savinji, over Golte – 6 h.
- Via local road from Ljubno ob Savinji to homestead Tašk in Ljubnica valley, over Golte – 6 h.
ACCESS TO OTHER LODGES
- Mountain Lodge Mozirje on Golte (1356 m), through Kal, 2.00 h (easy trail);
- Mountain Lodge Loka under Raduha (1534 m), 5.00 h (easy trail);
- Mountain Lodge Andrej on Sleme (1096 m), 2.30 h (easy trail).
Mountain Lodge on Smrekovec is always open during summer hours. During winter it is open during weekends and holidays. Special arrangements can be made for large groups.